Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tube Weaning: Day 6

He took 60ml of liquid rice cereal from a bottle today!!!! Yay, he can do it.  The best thing is that he took 30ml in 5 minutes and the remainder in several sessions during the day.  He only opened his mouth once for a spoon of puree but even that's progress. I am however feeling the pressure of this wean starting to build and my body is starting to shut down from the constant feeding, preping, cooking and cleaning in addition to taking care of a very needy 4 year old. Tomorrow is another 50% day and I hope that my sinus headache and sore throat does not turn into a full blown cold.  It would be devastating for Auggie to get sick at this point and we would probably have to change plans.  Lots of hand washing for me.  Cross your fingers for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment