Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Testing: EEG

Yesterday Auggie had an EEG to rule out seizures. A test that sounds pretty harmless was a total nightmare. Auggie screamed so much while the technician was trying to place the electrodes that his head started sweating and they all fell off. I calmed him down a little and was told to try nursing him - are you kidding me? He would not have it but she did manage to place them on his head and by the time the test was ready to start he fell asleep in my arms. 15 minutes later she flipped the lights on and starting clapping her hands loudly with a big frown on her face. What a rude awakening! Of course he screamed his head off. The she held his eye lids shut for 20 seconds and finally placed a flashing strobe light in his face - reminded me a little of "A Clockwork Orange". We were both exhausted afterwards and had a lovely 2.5 hour drive home in rush hour traffic, oh, and it was my birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment