Sunday, August 29, 2010

My breastmilk is not causing his mucousy vomits

I have to say that I am not surprised. After 4 long days of not nursing Auggie he is still vomiting mucous. I think we can safely say that my breastmilk is not what's causing the mucous. Of course my intuition told me all along that this was not the case, but I had to do it to prove it to others! Tomorrow we go back to nursing and preparing our plan to wean. This tube has got to go - it's now doing more harm than good. He's gaining less now than he was prior to the tube and he's vomiting about 5-6 times daily.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, sounds definite to me. Stella's mucousy diarrhea (which had gone on for many, many weeks) stopped THE VERY DAY she got off my breastmilk. So that too was definite. Your view of the tube seems VERY sound to me. Get that tube out of there! I hope they figure out the cause of the tummy troubles, I'm glad it's not your milk but sad that he's still struggling with something.

    In any case, YAY for mother's intuition!

    ReplyDelete