Sunday, July 22, 2012

A long overdue update - food allergies

Auggie will be 2 1/2 in a week and I'm reminded every day how far he has come.  Yes, he is still a skinny kid, but he is a funny, active, happy and sensitive little boy.  I can't even imagine what life would be like if he was still on a feeding tube.  He is now able to tolerate baked goods made with eggs, but we continue to avoid milk and soy protein.  He would love to eat real cheese pizza instead of his strange rice cheese that sticks to the roof of his mouth, but he accepts it and happily eats a plum instead. Truth be told he does not eat very much at all.  He still drinks his special formula from a bottle (he loves the cuddle time as do we!)  and would eat only fruit if he had a choice.  It's still one day at a time and I still track everything he drinks and eats in my little notebook - some day, I know, I will have to stop....

No comments:

Post a Comment