Sunday, June 19, 2011

Preparing to fly to Europe

Traveling with children is complicated and stressful, but flying with a toddler who has food allergies opens up a whole new can of worms.  I have to bring ALL his food and figure out a way to keep his beverages either hot or cold during our journey.  I'm also going to ask his doctor for a TSA letter stating his medical condition so that I might be hassled less about the quantities of rice drink I have to bring on board!  On the plus side we don't think that Auggie has a life-threatening allergy to anything which must be a lot more stressful when flying, but on the other hand, consuming something he does not tolerate could make him very sick and dangerously dehydrated.  I'll post an update in a few weeks with all my latest "gear" and a sample of the TSA letter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment